When choosing a car for travel, it is necessary to consider the distance and duration of the trip, the terrain, the quality of the roads, the season, and many other factors. Not all cars can provide the desired level of comfort, reliability, and power. To make it easier for you to choose a car for bright and memorable trips over short or long distances, we have prepared a rating of the best cars for travel.
Range Rover is a powerful SUV with a premium design and comfortable interior. If you are lucky enough to travel around the UAE, do not hesitate to rent Range Rover Dubai at a local rental shop. There are many advantages to hiring a car, just like the brand itself. And a rented Range Rover will serve you no worse than your own bought one. For traveling around the country where you do not live, a rented car is the best option.
- A good level of technical equipment, combined with a convenient configuration of controls, makes the car ideal for long-distance trips.
- High ground clearance – 190-231 mm – a guarantee of high cross-country ability of the car.
- Fuel consumption on the highway is six to nine liters per 100 kilometers.
- The volume of the luggage compartment is from 472 to 639 liters.
- Thanks to the narrow A-pillars, high captain’s seat, and large mirrors, the car provides a good overview.
Another Japanese automaker produces cars with good directional stability and off-road capability.
- Fuel consumption per 100 kilometers – from 7.5 to 12 liters (along the highway).
- The interior is comfortable and ergonomic, there are compartments for the necessary little things and a lot of free space. Among the shortcomings – some owners note hard plastic.
- High ground clearance (205–208 mm) provides good cross-country ability.
- Trunk capacity differs significantly for models of different generations and configurations – from 400 to 847 liters.
- Driver comfort is also at a high level. The seat back leans back, and hands lie comfortably on the steering wheel and gear knob, so it is easy to reach the desired buttons. But in some models, there is reduced visibility due to the increased A-pillars.
All Skoda cars are designed for families, which means that such cars are ideal for traveling long distances with a large company.
- Despite the turbo engine, the Kodiaq is very economical on the highway – five to six liters per 100 kilometers.
- The volume of the luggage compartment is up to 748 liters. Large doors make it easy to load even bulky items. The luggage space organization system is thought out to the smallest detail.
- Spacious interior with many small details that create comfort: holders, soft headrests, good sound system. Drivers note the functional fullness: multifunction steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping system, and seat back heating.
- Ground clearance – 187-197 mm.
- The disadvantages of the owners include the quality of the paintwork.
Renault Duster is a practical crossover with good cross-country ability, which is suitable for track and off-road.
- The capacity of the luggage compartment to the curtain is 428 liters if it is removed – 662 liters.
- Fuel consumption on the highway is very economical – 6.5 liters per 100 kilometers.
- High ground clearance – 210 mm – provides increased cross-country ability in off-road conditions.
- The car is equipped with emergency braking assistance, an anti-lock braking system, and ESP (to maintain the trajectory on slippery roads). If necessary, they can be turned off with one button. The Hill Start Assist option will help you start on a hill without rolling back.
- Anatomical front seats with lateral support, a comfortable dashboard, and an ergonomic steering wheel provide comfort even when traveling long distances.
Volvo XC60 is a medium-sized crossover with a powerful engine and good dynamic performance.
- The trunk volume is enough to accommodate a moderate amount of things when traveling long distances – 505 liters.
- Fuel consumption on the highway is significantly different for different generations of cars – 5.5-8 liters per 100 kilometers.
- High ground clearance – 215-230 mm – guarantees good cross-country ability when driving over rough terrain. In the latest models, the ground clearance is significantly increased (256 mm) thanks to the air suspension.
- The spacious interior is comfortable to travel long distances.
- In terms of safety, the XC60 also has no questions. In 2017, the model topped the list of the safest cars.