If you’re looking for a new residence, the neighbourhood is among the most crucial considerations, especially when moving with your family. And if you are thinking of relocating to Dubai, one community that stands out is Dubai Festival City.
Nestled on the eastern edge of the Dubai Creek, Dubai Festival City is a combination of residential, commercial, and entertainment complexes. It is known as a city within a city, with easy access to dhow rides, taxis and other forms of public transport. It is a great neighbourhood for everyone as it features essential amenities that ensure a convenient and wholesome lifestyle.
But before you move to the area, it’s best to get to know what to expect when living in this community.
Here are the four best things about becoming a resident of Dubai Festival City.
1. It houses some of the best Dubai properties.
Dubai Festival City has three sub-communities: Marsa Plaza, Al Badia Hillside, and Al Badia Residences.
- Marsa Plaza is a residential development with majestic views of Dubai Creek. It is all about urban chic, featuring smooth lines and shimmering glass. Residents can enjoy an outdoor pool, a fully equipped gym and fitness studio, a popular restaurant, and a grocery store.
- Al Badia Hillside has a distinct design featuring both Arabian traditions and a Mediterranean charm. It is a more laid-back residential property, surrounded by greenery.
- Al Badia Residences is a luxurious retreat surrounded by lush gardens that satisfies residents’ need for privacy and gives them a sense of living in the midst of nature.
Depending on your needs and wants, you can get a great apartment in these sub-communities, especially since they are all located close to the Dubai Festival City mall.
Although each home unit has a distinctive design element, the overall appearance and designs vary. If you prefer to rent a flat, you can also find convenient options here.
2. It is home to two international schools.
Dubai Festival City is the site for two premium schools: Deira International School and Universal American School.
- The Deira International School is a British curriculum-based learning centre supporting every student’s personal and social development up to year 13. The school provides activities that will help every child learn and grow further, including outdoor education, arts and performing arts, extracurricular sports, and after-school programs like engineering and robotics.
- The Universal American School is an American curriculum school that caters to students from kindergarten to senior high level. There are also after-school activity programs, including an athletic program that offers learners the opportunity to discover their interests and engage in activities that will help them become well-rounded individuals.
For higher education establishments, some of the best options close to Dubai Festival City include the University of Cambridge CIE, Al Falah University, and University Modern Sciences.
3. It is complete with all essential amenities, and more.
Besides quality schools, Dubai Festival City also houses other essential amenities, such as supermarkets and healthcare and dental services.
For your daily groceries, go to Carrefour, a world-renowned supermarket chain that serves most grocery hauls.
You may also check out other supermarkets like W Mart Supermarket, Abu Hail Supermarket, and Kadooli Supermarket.
Healthcare and dental facilities
Dubai Festival City houses several clinics and hospitals. These include:
- Al Futtaim HealthHub – this offers a wide range of specialised healthcare services.
- Dubai London Clinic – this multi-speciality clinic has experienced healthcare professionals that deliver various medical services.
- Ibn AI Nafees Medical Clinic – this clinic is known for offering the best cupping therapy in Dubai.
Other clinics and hospitals near the area include Mayo Clinic, Latifa Hospital, Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Adam Vital Hospital, Prime Hospital, and American Hospital Dubai.
As for dental services, you can get them from True Smile Works Dental, Ritz Dental Clinic, and Al Badia Dental Clinic.
4. It offers a wide range of leisurely activities.
Dubai Festival City offers several options when it comes to shopping, dining, and recreational activities.
Dubai Festival City Mall is the best go-to destination when shopping in Dubai. It houses over 400 retail outlets, including local and international brands like Zara, GAP, IKEA, and H&M.
Savour your favourite cuisines at any of the best dining establishments in Dubai Festival City.
In Dubai Festival City Mall alone, you can choose from a variety of restaurants. Whether you are looking for full meals or snacks, here are some of the best options:
- Texas Roadhouse
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Al Fanar
- Joe’s Crab Shack
- Hard Rock
- Turkish Village Restaurant and Café
Moreover, you can check out restaurants at some of the hotels nearby, including the Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and InterContinental Residence Suites.
Dubai Festival City houses some of the world’s firsts and best entertainment options, which cater to everyone. Among the most notable leisurely activities you can enjoy with your loved ones include:
- Taking a dhow cruise;
- Watching IMAGINE, a multi-sensory show that harnesses the power of light, water, lasers, and fire;
- Going for a movie marathon at NOVO Cinemas;
- Being a pilot at Dream Aero; and
- Relaxing and socialising at the Al Areesh Club, an entertainment and leisure destination offering various health and fitness options, such as an aerobic studio, swimming pools, racket sports, a multipurpose court, and a fully equipped gym.
Dubai Festival City is an all-inclusive neighbourhood, making it an excellent home for everyone — whether it’s singletons, couples, and families with children.
Here, you can expect to live a comfortable lifestyle with all the amenities and activities the place offers – not to mention the superb interiors, facilities, and overall appearance of the residential units.
Dubai Festival City is truly one of the best communities to consider if you are moving to Dubai.